The American Library Association (ALA) announced winners of their Youth Media Awards this morning from Seattle. These awards include the Newbery, Caldecott, Printz, and Coretta Scott King Book Awards. We tweeted a couple of the winners today; Katherine Applegate for, The One and Only Ivan (Newbery) and Jon Klassen for, This is Not My Hat (Caldecott). As a knitter, I feel compelled to mention that another one of Jon Klassen’s book, Extra Yarn, received a Caldecott Honor. Yet another book, “Bomb: The Race to Build—and Steal—the World’s Most Dangerous Weapon,”written by Steve Sheinkin, has been named the 2013 winner of the YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults. During the afternoon ELA’s Peace Play rehearsals, this book made an appearance in the class so interested readers could add to their schema surrounding the story of Sadako.
- @jandroismyname @PandorasPromise Compelling! The connection to Prometheus is prodigious. Want to know more about "pro-nuclear" perspective! 4 years ago
- Lynn's Peace Garden | Help a Neighbor - YouCaring.com: youcaring.com/help-a-neighbo… 4 years ago
- Free audio books for your summer listening pleasure! audiobooksync.com/2013/04/13/syn… 4 years ago
Blogs I Follow
- White Awake
- At The Intersection
- WTF is a Radical Librarian, Anyway?
- Crawling Out of the Classroom
- i am jason reynolds
- Kelly Barnhill
- Troy LaRaviere's blog
- Men + Myself + God
- Mrs. Fitzgerald's Class Page
- be you.
- Twin Cities Teen Lit Con
- Global Read Aloud